When it comes to designing and renovating a bathroom, the fittings play a crucial role in creating the overall look and feel of the room. With so many options available on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right fittings that will not only look good but also serve their intended purpose effectively.
This article will guide you through the process of choosing the right bathroom fittings and help you create a functional and stylish bathroom.
Consider Your Bathroom’s Style
Considering your bathroom’s overall design style is the first and most crucial step in selecting the appropriate bathroom fittings. It’s important to choose fittings that enhance the current style, whether your bathroom is traditional, contemporary, or modern. it’s essential to choose fittings that complement the existing design or if renovating the style you are going for.
For example, If you have a traditional bathroom, you might want to opt for classic and elegant fittings, such as a traditional showerhead or a classic pedestal sink. On the other hand, if you have a modern bathroom, you might prefer sleek and contemporary fittings, such as a rain showerhead or a wall-mounted sink.
Which do you prefer? Modern or Conventional…
There are many modern bathroom accessories that you can consider. Design or revitalize your bathroom with these tips below.
6 Modern Bathroom ideas:
- Wall-mounted sinks and toilets: These are a great option for small bathrooms as they take up less floor space and are easy to clean.
- Floating vanities: These are another option for small bathrooms that saves space while also giving the room a contemporary feel.
- Rainfall Showerheads: These are a stylish addition to any bathroom that may give you a spa-like experience at home.
- Smart Toilets: These have attributes like automated flushing, bidet capabilities, and even air drying, and they are growing in popularity.
- Heated Floors: This is an excellent method for keeping your bathroom warm and inviting, especially during the winter.
- LED Mirrors: These mirrors are not only fashionable, but they also add to the bathroom’s lighting, which is always a plus.
- Tap Finishes: Finishes that offer a modern look to the room and are simple to clean and maintain include chrome, black, or stainless steel.
Conventional bathroom fittings are those that are more traditional in style.
Here are 5 ideas for conventional bathroom fittings:
- Pedestal sinks: These pedestal-supported sinks are a traditional bathroom fixture. They are frequently chosen for their elegant, timeless look.
- Clawfoot tubs: These are four-footed freestanding bathtubs, frequently in the form of a claw. They provide a stylish and refined touch to any bathroom.
- Shower curtains: These are a classic way to enclose the shower area, and they come in a variety of colors, designs, and patterns to match any bathroom.
- Towel bars and hooks: These are an easy and practical method to keep towels organised in your bathroom.
- Medicine cabinets: These are a classic addition to any bathroom, providing a place to store medications, toiletries, and other small items.
- Tap Finishes: Consider fixtures with an oil-rubbed bronze or brushed nickel finish for a traditional style.
The key to choosing conventional bathroom fittings is to select items that are timeless and classic in design.
Look For Durable Materials
Bathroom fittings are exposed to moisture and water on a daily basis, so it is important to choose fittings made from durable materials. Stainless steel, chrome, and brass are all good options as they are rust-resistant and can withstand daily wear and tear. Avoid fittings made from materials that are prone to rusting or discoloration, such as aluminum or plastic.
Consider The Plumbing
Before choosing your bathroom fittings, it is important to consider the plumbing in your bathroom. Make sure the fittings you choose are compatible with your current plumbing otherwise you may end up having to hire a plumber to make any necessary adjustments. Also consider the water pressure in your bathroom and choose fittings that are designed to work with your current plumbing system.
Overall, bathroom fittings are an essential part of any bathroom design.
Choosing the right bathroom fittings is an important step in designing and renovating a bathroom. By considering your bathroom’s style, taking accurate measurements, considering your needs, looking for durable materials, considering the plumbing, and thinking about the cost, you can find the right fittings that will create a functional and stylish bathroom.
With the right fittings, you can create a bathroom that is not only beautiful but also functional, stylish and comfortable.
If you liked this article why not check out how to decorate room with simple things.
- How to Incorporate Biophilic Design into Your Home
- 80s Interior Design: A Guide to the Best Trends, Colors, and Decor
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas – 2023 Ultimate Guide to Master Bathroom Renovation
- What Does An Interior Designer Do – 2023 Ultimate Guide
- Japandi Interior Design Style – Everything You Need to Know